Friday, September 4, 2009

Tomato Sandwiches

This summer Al's mom introduced me to tomato sandwiches.  Y'all may already know about this delicious secret, but in case you don't, I thought I would share.

Mom uses a regular piece of bread, but usually I only have english muffins in my house and the tomato slices fit perfectly, so I figure it's a perfect adjustment.  Also, traditionally you use cheddar cheese, but for a healthier version we use low-fat mozzarella.






Just toast a piece of bread or an english muffin.
Add a couple slices of cheese to the bread and melt in the microwave for about 20 seconds.







 



Then, add a couple of thick slices of tomato.
Top with a couple squeezes of light mayo.
Lastly, sprinkle with salt and pepper.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the blog. How fun! Oh just as an FYI it is really hard to read the white words on the white part of the background.